Tenant Plan Review
Review of tenant plans and specifications is typically performed by the Landlord prior to tenant construction as a check for architectural compatibility; therefore, the appearance and market concept of the Center is assured. While the visual impact of the Center has obvious initial importance in attracting business, we believe the operation of certain "hidden" elements can greatly influence repeat business which ultimately determines the success of a Center. These "hidden" elements are related to the design and system interface of tenant electrical, mechanical and plumbing equipment installed by tenant's contractor.
By performing a Plan Review of tenants' electrical, mechanical and plumbing plans and specifications, coupled with field inspection of tenant construction, many of the problems usually associated with tenants' installations can be avoided.
Plan Review Services have the following advantages:
Properly installed and operating Health and Life Safety features of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems reduce Landlord's liability.
Review of Tenant Design aides in this aspect by assuring proper design of:
- Grounding provisions for the electrical systems
- Adequate short-circuit interrupting capacity of panels, switches and circuit breakers
- Sanitary waste venting to maintain trap seals
- Space ventilation
- Combustion air for gas fired equipment
- Exhausts for smoke and grease producing cooking equipment
- Coordination of Landlord and Tenant electric system over current devices
Satisfactory operation of air conditioning and electrical systems increases the value, to both Landlord and tenant, of finished lease areas. Tenant Plan Review supports this function by assuring the adequacy of tenant design and appropriate interface with systems or utilities provided by Landlord. Examples of specific benefits are:
- Results in a permanent summary of tenant electrical, mechanical and plumbing installations.
- Assures that roof penetrations are minimized, thereby extending life expectancy of roof.
- On lease turnovers, information accumulated during prior plan
- Review, reduces the redesign effort and can be beneficial during lease negotiations.
- Information collected during review process provides required backup material for handling problems and complaints on heating, cooling and/or odor control.
- Information provided to the tenant following the Plan Review might result in reduced tenant construction costs.
- Assures optimum utilization of Landlord provided utilities or utility distribution media.